The Lab provides students, researchers and technology enthusiasts a platform to take up applied research activities and develop prototypes. Laboratory is equipped with latest tools and technologies required to facilitate research and prototyping activities.
Some of the facilitiesavailable are as follows:
1. KUKA Industrial Robot (KR 6 - Agilus).
2. 3D Printers (Ultimaker2 and Fab X).
3. Laser Cutting and Engraving machine.
4. Vinyl Cutter and Plotter.
5. Carl Zeiss CMM - Contura G2.
6. MTAB CNC Milling machine.
7. MTAB CNC Turning machine.
8. Multipurpose Lathe machine.
9. PCB Prototyping.
10. DC TIG Fronius Welder.
11. Hydraulic and Pneumatic Test Benches.
12. PLC Automation Panel.
13. Cutoff and Jig saw machines.
14. Firebird V.
15. Spark V Robot.
16. XBEE Module.
17. RASPBERRY PI.
19. DEXTER ER-2 Heavy duty Robotic arm.
The Lab is divided into two parts:
1. Electrical & Electronics Section
2. Mechanical section.
Electrical and mechanical section maintains an inventory of all the electrical and mechanical components required for modeling and prototyping. Bin system is used for maintain proper inventory of consumable and non consumable items.
The principal activities revolve around development of Projects, which are undertaken on behalf of the industry. Our activities also encompass training of undergraduate engineering students from rural areas or small towns or colleges who do not have full-fledged laboratories. The aim is to impart practical knowledge beyond the realms of academic books and prepare students to be useful for the industrial expectations after graduation.